Life With My New Puppy

Posted by darklilcaramel on 4:27 PM

I have been wanting a dog for a good while now.  I have been blessed to enherit my mommas looks, My but not so much with her depression.  I have suffered with depression since I was a child.  I did not know that all the feelings, thoughts, tears, and emotions that I had learned to hide behind a smile were depression.  I was around 17 when we found out that not only my momma had depression but she had passed down that gene to me.  My mother had suffered from depression for a very long time and did not know it.  She had a hard life, very hard and she becaue very tough, but it finally wore on her. 




ME, MOMMA, BABY SIS

She got very sick and we had to force her to go to the doctor and that is when she got diagnosed with it.  Not to long after that I went through some hard things and I had a breakdown, thats when we found out I had depression also.  It was hard at first, becaue I felt like that meant I was crazzy.  I felt like there was something to be very embarrased about.  I started treatment, medicines and crap...they made me sick, I hated them.  My momma was also worried that I would become dependent on them, so we looked for other treatments. We found a great phychiatrist and I started meeting with her on a regular basis.  She was great, I learned a lot of helpful things from our meetings.  I also learned that sertain things I had been doing already were very helpful in treating depression.  She said that it was a great thing that I had always had animals around, they seemed to help me feel a lot better.  She was right, I love them, because they always loved me back.


MissSassy this summer sun bathing!


MissSassy Puppy Collage


I have always loved animals and was always bringing home strays, or hurt animals.  Birds, kittens, cats, dogs..whatever.  If it was in trouble and it was an animal believe me, I was gonna help it!!!  I guess that having those animals and loving and caring for them helped me deal a lot better with all the crazzy emotions and thoughts that my depression caused me.  Out of all the dogs I brought home I only kept one...she was speacial.  I met her when she was about 18 days old.  She chose me, I did not choose her.  Her name is MissSassy.  I love her, Im gettin choked up typing about her.  I hid that little girl for a whole month, I kept her in my purse and would keep her in my room.  My momma saw how much I loved her, and let me keep her.  (My whole family loved her, even if they didnt say it)  When I moved to Portland she could not come with me and stayed with my parents, she has kept my momma a lot of company.  It has been two years, and she loves my momma, she just adores her. My momma loves her too, and I just cant take her away from her, not any more.  I miss her, she has such an amazing personality.  I can not wait for the new puppy to meet her!!! 


My boyfriend bought the puppy for me, his name is Chulo.  I told him and my cousin to just drop the subject of naming the puppy.  I was afraid they were gonna hurt themselves thinking of a name for him.  I told them that the puppy would tell us what his name was on his own...they do have personalities. 


Just like I told them he would, the puppy let us know what his name would be...Chulo!!!!  It means fine...and he is just such a fine lookin boy!!!  He has been keepin me up and tired the last few days, but I know he will love me unconditionaly and his love and devotion will help me get through anything. 


soooo cute first pic with mommy


he loooooves to sleep!!!


Look at that face!!! Toooo Cute He loves runnin into the camera!!

2 comments:

Comment by Unknown on February 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM

awww, what a cute-pie. having a sweet little pet in your life i think really makes a difference when you're down.
i am so sorry about your depression. i know a few people who i'm close with that suffer from it, and realize that it's a disease just like cancer, heart disease, etc.
best wishes to you. xoxo alison

 
Comment by Treacle on February 28, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Darling, you are not crazy. Like Mademoiselle Frou Frou said up above, depression is just like any other illness...it just happens to be in your brain as opposed to somewhere else.

I'm glad you've found something that works for you, and your puppy is absolutely adorable! You're in my thoughts. :-)

 

Post a Comment